Friday, February 6, 2015

Art Appreciation crafts for children

In the one year old classroom, I did two art appreciation crafts that they could do and went along with the shape of the week and the colors of the week; which was a heart and the colors were red and pink.  I had my one year old's make a heart out of construction paper pieces.  I drew a heart shape and had them put paper around the lines.  Some of the children got the concept of it, other I had to guide them through.  They really enjoyed looking at what they made after they were finished with the craft.  The second art piece was rings that had the colors pink and red.  I had pink and red paint out and the one year old's dipped it on a toilet paper roll and then stamped the paint onto  the white paper.  The children had a lot of fun with it, they were smiling when they would put it on the paper.  Some of the children got really excited and would stamp the paint all over the paper which was nice, other just stamped in one spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment